@FireWolf2 years ago
It has been two years since I identified the maximum link rate issue on my laptop.
Now it’s time for me to post the ultimate solution and conclude this series.
If this page looks strange due to font or layout issues, you could find a pretty-printed version at here.
>> Recap of the story
Previously, we have found that the maximum link rate reported by the builtin display is zero and hence the field used as a divider is left zeroed. We have provided a solution to the kernel panic by injecting a valid link rate value via WhateverGreen. However, users are still required to have prior knowledge of a link rate that works for their builtin display. As a result, it is not a perfect solution, and ideally the graphics driver should be able to find a valid value behind the scene.Read More →